Sunday 12 August 2012

My Dog, Musashi


Hayate’s full name is actually Black Hayate. He was named after Lieutenant Hawkeye’s dog from Full Metal Alchemist, who in turn was named following the running in-joke of the military characters being named after military vehicles. Hayate is a fighter plane (Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate).
Manga Scan Taken From http://adventuresofcomicbookgirl.tumblr.com

Hayate (疾風) means gale, and that suits my speedy little boy down to the ground. After he has torn through a room it certainly looks like a gale has past.

"I made it snow in summer!"
 A lot of people call Hayate “Musashi”. Recently a lot of neighbours have been referring to Hayate as Musashi. They saw his name on the flyers I gave out when he was missing, but when they see him they call him Muashi. I asked one of my teachers about it once. After a year she still kept mixing up his name. I asked if it was because he looked more like a Musashi than a Hayate but she said that it’s just that she remembered it was a three syllable, cool sounding Japanese name. The first name that comes to mind when thinking of these criteria is Musashi.
Musashi is pretty cool. But I still like Hayate.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Because of all the spam lately, comments on old posts will now be moderated. This means it may be some time before your comment appears. You can always email me directly, check the contact page for details.